Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

It's finally here baby... We welcomed 2009 in Sendai city, where our 93 year old grandmother lives. It has been a while since I last saw her, and everytime I see her, it makes me think deeply about "God's Love". Our grandmother survived the World War II taking care of her six children. She does not talk much about what she went through, but she and her kids managed to survive on the way back to Japan from China by boat while so many other people were killed by the torpedoes in 1945. And later on, the whole family became Christians, and it is just so thankful that we managed to become a part of only 0.1 percent of the whole Japan's population. Yes, only 0.1 percent of people in Japan are Christians.



Ok, it was kinda too personal for a public blog, so here I am changing the subject, and writing about my favorite thing - food! lol

Sendai is famous for the fresh foods especially for seafood. How many of y'all have had the real sushi before?? Now I'm not talking about things like Boston salmon here (I actually enjoyed sushi in America also though..). If you ever get to go to Sendai, you GOTTA try sushi there. I don't even know how to describe the great taste of them, so here is the photo...



Don't they look so darn good??? Sendai, a cold city located 220 miles noth of Tokyo is having lots more snow this winter than usual, but our hearts are warmed up with home made Osechi.



I would like to wish everyone a happy new year!

2 comments:

  1. こんばんは。
    仙台で美味しいもの満喫だね。
    暖かくなったら我が家の赤い車で皆で行きたくなりました。その時は、案内よろしく!

    下北沢プランも今月下旬以降なら大丈夫です!

    ReplyDelete
  2. すみません、今コメントいただいことに気がつきました・・・。

    是非春になったら皆で行きましょう!それから近いうちに「下北どんぶり」にも行きましょう・・・

    ReplyDelete