Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Roots Live in Tokyo

Nowadays I started really appreciating the fact that I live in Tokyo, the city that contains the traditional and modern Japan, the mixture of foreign cultures, and the uniqueness that you can never experience in any other cities in the world. As Japan has been accepting all kinds of music from all over the world, Japanese listners of any kind of music tend to go deep inside of the background of where the music they listen to has come from instead of just enjoying the sound itself. This tendency we have has hit hearts of many international musicians, and a lot of those musicians has named Japan as their favorite place to perform their songs.

And The Roots is not an exception. They have been supported by the heads in Japan ever since they came out with their first album. I was really glad that I got last night's ticket for their performance at Billboard Live Tokyo. Our seats were really close to the stage, and when ?uestlove's big afro appeared on the dark stage, I was like "Aight, now it is really worth paying 9,000 yen for this show." I was that excited to see them live for the first time.

It seems like Billboard Live Tokyo welcomes a lot of artists from overseas every month, and I am thinking of going back there once in a while as long as I am financially stable...

Jam of the day - "Proceed II" by The Roots with Roy Ayers

No comments:

Post a Comment